- I represented a CTA bus driver who suffered a serious shoulder injury when another driver ran a red light and struck the bus on the driver side. The bus driver was thrown from his seat and struck his shoulder against the fare box. He eventually had to undergo a major shoulder surgery.
- I represented an appliance repairman who suffered a lower back injury while driving from on job to the next. The other driver crossed over the center line and hit him head-on. He had to undergo a laminectomy and fusion on his lumbar spine.
- I represented a truck driver who was rear-ended on the expressway when he slowed for traffic ahead of him. The truck driver suffered a neck injury which required a cervical spine fusion operation.
- I represented a delivery man who was rear-ended when another driver failed to stop in time at a stop sign. He suffered neck and back injuries.
- I represented a CTA bus driver who suffered neck and shoulder injuries when her bus was rear-ended at a stop sign.
People who have to drive as part of the work duties are at risk of getting into a car crash as part of their work duties. When another driver was negligent in causing a car accident which injures a worker, the worker can pursue both an Illinois worker’s compensation case and an automobile accident third party liability lawsuit. This is something that I have done a number of times over the years: