Driving in Illinois can be dangerous business, and these dangers aren’t confined to the big cities. In fact, according to the Chicago Sun Times, the state’s top 11 interchanges for car accidents in Chicago were in the suburbs. If you suffered a crash injury in a traffic accident involving a car, truck, bus, or motorcycle, or if you were involved in a hit and run accident, you know that the consequences of serious car accidents in Chicago can be devastating. If the accident is bad enough, it can seem as though your life has come to a grinding halt and you may need to speak with Illinois auto accidents lawyers about your options.
Our Illinois auto accident lawyers spend a lot of time answering questions from people who have been injured in serious Illinois car accidents. Here are answers to some of the most common questions our clients ask us.
- What is the statute of limitations on my case? THIS MIGHT BE THE MOST IMPORTANT QUESTION YOU CAN ASK.
- Is a left turn accident always the fault of the person turning left? People often misunderstand this!
- The person who hit me doesn’t have enough insurance to cover my accident, what can I do? You may be entitled to recover the full measure of your damages by making an underinsured motorist claim.
- What time did my car accident happen? Find out why this might matter.
- Was the other driver distracted by his cell phone? Watch this short video.
- I was involved in an Illinois hit and run accident or the person who hit me does not have car insurance, does this mean I don’t have a case? You still have a case if you have the right insurance.
- I was in a car accident while at work, do I have a case? Actually, you might have two.
- I was hit by a drunk driver, is he the only one at fault? It surprises people to know that many times there are several parties at fault!
- How much is my DUI case worth? You may be entitled to receive additional damages.
- How long should I wait to hire an Illinois auto accident lawyer? You shouldn’t! Here are 5 reasons why.
- I was involved in a serious car accident and I’m worried I may not be compensated enough, what can I do? Frequently there are additional sources of compensation.