Barry G. Doyle
The son of a law librarian and a real estate agent, Barry Doyle grew up in Evanston, Illinois. He is a 1987 graduate of Evanston Township High School. From there, he went to the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, where he received a Bachelor of Arts degree in political science in 1991. He returned to the Chicago area to attend law school at Loyola University of Chicago.
While attending law school, he clerked at some of the most prestigious plaintiff’s personal injury law firms in Chicago. Mr. Doyle also did volunteer externships with Cook County State’s Attorneys office and for former Magistrate Judge Edward A. Bobrick for the federal court for the Northern District of Illinois. While in law school, he was a Dean’s List student every semester and received academic awards for his performance in Criminal Law, Insurance Law, Federal Civil Rights Legislation, and First Amendment Rights. He also received a Leadership and service Award before receiving his degree with honors in 1994. He finished in the top 10% of his law school class.
After graduating, Mr. Doyle took and passed the Illinois bar examination and is currently licensed to practice law in state courts in Illinois and in the federal court for the Northern District of Illinois.
Drawing upon his law school experiences and his desire to help injured people and their families in time of need, Mr. Doyle chose to enter the field of plaintiff’s personal injury work. He has not and will not represent insurance companies.
Mr. Doyle opened his own law office in June, 2004 after spending 10 years as an associate in a number of highly successful plaintiff’s personal injury law firms. He has represented injured people and their families in personal injury and wrongful death cases
Mr. Doyle is drawn to complex personal injury litigation and trial work, and has chosen to devote his practice to the representation of those suffering from serious injuries. To date, he has tried over 50 cases to verdict in jury trials, bench trials, and binding arbitration hearings and successfully reached settlements in hundreds of other cases.
Mr. Doyle is a member of the Chicago Bar Association, the Illinois State Bar Association, the Illinois Trial Lawyers Association, and American Association for Justice. He is a past co-chair of the Tort (Personal Injury) Litigation Committee of the Young Lawyers Section of the Chicago Bar Association. Additionally, he has served as a volunteer author for the Illinois Trial Lawyers Association of briefs before the Illinois Supreme Court dealing with topics relating to insurance bad faith and spoliation of evidence. Because of his deep interest in the field of nursing home abuse and neglect litigation, he has joined the Nursing Home Litigation Group of the American Association for Justice.
Mr. Doyle is a frequent writer and speaker on topics relating to personal injury law and civil procedure. He is a former Adjunct Professor of Law at Loyola University of Chicago School of Law, has spoken and/or presented papers at continuing legal education seminars for lawyers on the topics of accident reconstruction, proof of causation in personal injury cases, wrongful death litigation, and insurance bad faith claims.
Download a Publication:
- Don’t be afraid of the trial defense lawyer
- Why Left Turn Accidents Don’t Result in “Automatic Liability” for the Defendant
- Underinsured Motorist Auto Accident Claims in Illinois
- Types of Third Party Liability Lawsuits – Automobile Accidents
- CAR ACCIDENTS CAUSED BY DRUNK DRIVERS
- In many serious Illinois car accidents where there are serious injuries or wrongful death, there is frequently additional sources of compensation which can be identifies to make sure that the victims of the car accident are properly compensated. As experienced Chicago car accident lawyers, these are the steps we take in serious car accident cases.
- Evidence that the defendant was using a cell phone or text messaging at the time of a car accident is critical in helping ensure that car accident victims get fair compensation for their injuries.
- Payment of Medical Bills After a Car Accident
- Underinsured motorist coverage in multi-victim accidents
Slip and Fall Accident
- Crucial Questions in Illinois Slip and Fall Lawsuits
- Liability for Slip and Fall on Snow and Ice Accidents in Illinois
- Types of Third Party Liability Lawsuits – Illinois Slip and Fall Accidents
- Property Owner Liability for Elevator and Escaltor Accidents in Illinois
- Types of Third Party Liability Lawsuits – Elevator Accidents
- Evidence of repairs after slip-and-fall accidents in Illinois
Work Related Personal Injury
- Worker’s Compensation and Third Party Liability Lawsuits
- Basics on Types of Third Party Liability Lawsuits
- The Lien: Where the Worker’s Compensation Case and Third Party Liability Suit Come Together in Illinois
- Off The Clock Injuries and Worker’s Compensation in Illinois
- Can I choose my own doctor in my Illinois worker’s compensation case
- What Does a Lawyer Do For Me In a Third Party Liability Suit
- Protecting Your Third Party Liability Suit
- 7 Good Reasons to Hire a Worker’s Compensation Lawyer
- Types of Third Party Lawsuits – Negligence Claims
- Second Jobs and the Value of Illinois Worker’s Compensation Benefits
- When do I need to Hire an Experienced Chicago Worker’s Compensation Lawyer
Wrongful Death Lawsuits
- Overview of Illinois wrongful death suits
- Who Gets to File an Illinois Wrongful Death Suit
- Who Is a Beneficiary That Can Collect Damages in an Illinois Wrongful Death Suit?
- The Importance of Medical Evidence in Illinois Wrongful Death Suits
- Importance of Insurance Coverage in Illinois Wrongful Death Suits
- What Services Does an Illinois Wrongful Death Lawyer Provide?
- Owner-operators should not take the insurance company’s denial of worker’s compensation benefits at face value.
Dog Bite Attacks
Prescription medication errors | Pharmacist malpractice
- Making a good decision about who to hire for your personal injury or wrongful death suit is one of the most important things you can do to help yourself and your family in the wake of a serious accident. We are pleased to offer 8 common mistakes people make in hiring an Illinois accident attorney.
- Guide to Parent’s Responsibilities in Handling Injury Cases for Their Children
- Understanding Structured Settlements for Personal injury Cases
- Importance of Insurance in Illinois Personal Injury Claims and Suits
- Settlement Values of Illinois Accident Cases
- Payment of Medical Expenses in Illinois Personal Injury Suits