With an increase in dangerous cribs being recalled, it is important to learn how injuries can be prevented. Parents, caregivers and daycare providers should regularly inspect their cribs to ensure they are safe for use.Dangerous Cribs: Preventing Crib Injuries While a dangerous product can find its way into the most safety-conscious household, a caregiver can take steps to help prevent crib injuries.Some of the ways children can be protected from dangerous crib injuries include:
- visit the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) website to see if you are using a recalled crib;
- if your crib has been recalled either exchange it for a new one or get a repair kit;
- regularly inspect the crib to make sure hardware hasn’t become loose, broken or missing;
- ensure that the crib is assembled correctly and functions properly;
- inspect the crib’s slats to make sure a child’s head could not become entrapped;
- avoid using drop-side cribs, and instead, opt for one that has stationary sides; and
- never purchase a crib that is more than 10-years-old.
While you may do everything in your power to protect your child, dangerous cribs can still lead to serious child injuries. If your child has been injured because of a dangerous or defective product, you should contact a Chicago product liability lawyer who can explain more about child injury claims stemming from a dangerous crib.
How a Chicago Product Liability Lawyer Can Help
Injuries from dangerous cribs or any other defective product, including dangerous toys, may result in a product liability lawsuit. A Chicago product liability lawyer from The Law Offices of Barry G. Doyle, P.C. can evaluate your case, determine if your child’s injuries were the result of a dangerous child product and explain your options for filing a claim. For a free case evaluation and help preparing your evidence contact us today – 312-263-1080