If your loved one resides in a nursing home and has developed bed sores, this may be a sign of nursing home neglect. Bed sores can lead to serious and even deadly complications. This is because bed sores can cause infections that affect the skin, bones and muscles. Some of the most serious complications that may arise from bed sores include:
- Joint infections – damage to the cartilage and tissue.
- Bone infections – functioning of joints and limbs may be reduced.
- Cellulitis – infection in the skin’s connective tissue.
- Sepsis – infection that spreads into the bloodstream, which could cause shock and organ failure.
- Meningitis – infection in the fluid and membrane surrounding the brain and spinal cord.
Bed sores are a sign of nursing home neglect and should be investigated since they are generally preventable. A nursing home abuse attorney in Chicago can examine the facts in your case to determine if your loved one’s injuries were preventable and who may be held liable. This may include analyzing your loved one’s medical records, notations from nursing home staff, charts and other documentation. If it is found that your loved one was indeed injured as a result of the negligent actions of nursing home staff, a nursing home abuse attorney in Chicago can guide you in filing your nursing home abuse claim.When to Hire a Nursing Home Abuse Attorney in ChicagoAn Illinois nursing home abuse attorney at the Law Offices of Barry G. Doyle, P.C. has dealt with similar cases to yours and knows the best course of action for your claim. To improve your chances at a fair settlement and take the burden out of all the paperwork involved in an Illinois nursing home abuse claim, contact us today for a free case evaluation – 312-263-1080.