Common types of nursing home abuse or neglect that can result in wrongful death include:
- Assault – from either a staff member or another resident.
- Bed Sores – potentially fatal wounds occurring when a person is left lying or sitting in one spot for a long period of time without being repositioned;
- Choking – on food or another object.
- Suffocation – due to restraints or lack of oxygen in faulty equipment.
- Falls – resulting from deteriorating physical condition or a lack of assistive devices.
- Medication Errors – either under or overmedication, adverse reactions, or harmful interactions.