A Chicago personal injury lawyer is usually a great asset to have on your side after a serious Illinois accident on the road, at a construction site, or even at a private home or business as a result of a slip and fall. Personal injury attorneys have experience in researching, arguing, and resolving accident cases and getting their clients reimbursed for any damages much more successfully then folks who try to handle their accident case (and the insurance companies) on their own.
Forgoing Legal Representation
If you would rather avoid the time and expense of securing legal presentation, hiring a lawyer may not be necessary if:
- there is just minimal property damage and no injuries as the result of a car accident;
- a doctor says that your injuries from an accident are minor (like a bruised elbow, for instance); or
- all the damages incurred total less than a few thousand dollars and are covered by your insurance.
When You Definitely Need a Chicago Personal Injury Lawyer
Conversely, there are certain instances where it is vital that you obtain the services of a qualified Chicago personal injury lawyer. Some of these scenarios include when:
- several parties are involved in an accident;
- your injuries are serious and/or permanent (requiring long-term or life-long care); AND/OR
- an insurance company will have to get involved.
Your Lawyer is Your Warrior in the Battle Against Insurance Companies
It is never a good idea to try and settle a personal injury case directly with an insurance company. These companies make profits by paying out as little money as possible to injured parties. Insurance firms are also very well-versed in the law; so you need someone with comparable legal knowledge in order to recover the compensation you deserve.The Chicago personal injury lawyers at the Law Offices of Barry G. Doyle, P.C. will help you monitor your medical expenses and work toward a settlement to cover all of the treatments you need to get your life back on track. Contact us today for a free case evaluation – (312) 263-1080