I spend much of my practice helping people who have been victimized in an Illinois auto accident. But perhaps the best way to avoid being hurt or killed in a crash is to be a responsible and well-informed driver. Much of that knowledge can be acquired before you ever get into your vehicle.
To that end, I am providing several different resources which may benefit Illinois drivers. Feel free to bookmark this page for your records.
- Guide to the Illinois DMV: Online users can access all kinds of information from DMV locations, driving manuals, and licensing requirements; and they can also check their driving records, register vehicles, and address traffic tickets.
- Illinois Rules of the Road: Almost any questions you may have about traffic laws, vehicle ownership, licensing restrictions, and driving tests can be answered at this site.
- Illinois Division of Insurance: This site will help keep you up to date on all the requirements and events regarding how much auto insurance you need.
- Illinois Department of Transportation: IDOT’s official site has a variety of information, including news on upcoming road projects and infrastructure construction.
- Getting Around Illinois: Operated by IDOT, this is an interactive state map showing the most up-to-date information about road construction and roadway closures
- Chicago Transit Authority: Browse through bus routes, train information, details about delays, fares and passes, and comprehensive maps. You can even plan your trip using CTA trains and buses.
- PACE: The home page for Chicagoland’s suburban public transportation includes schedules and itineraries, news on future routes, and information on paratransit and ride-sharing.
- Chicago Expressway Congestion: Before you head out on the roads, check this up-to-the-minute traffic congestion site to see how fast or slowly the expressways are moving in Chicagoland.
- 2011 Illinois Travel Statistics: Read about interesting facts concerning roadway travel throughout the state. It includes breakdowns of annual vehicle miles traveled by region, county, road type, and other categories.
- Illinois Trucking Information: This collection of links provides information about legal lengths and weights of trucks, designated truck routes, weather data, permitting, and more.
- Illinois ATV.com: The go-to site for everything about all-terrain vehicles, including Illinois trail locations, forums, and links to safety and licensing information.
- League of Illinois Bicyclists: The home page for this organization lists bike riding events, trails, and maps, as well as safety education and relevant news articles about bicycling.
Finally, if you are ever in need of a qualified Illinois auto accident attorney, please don’t hesitate to contact me.
FREE to Illinois accident victims
Request your Illinois Police Report.