While most of us don’t think much about dentists being medically negligent, it does happen. Medical negligence involving dental work can lead to further injuries and time off from work, as well as with pain and suffering.Here are some examples of medical malpractice involving dentistry:
- Nerve Injuries (can result in permanent numbness to tongue, resulting in an ability to taste)
- Extraction of Teeth (either unnecessarily removing them or removing the wrong ones)
- Failure to Diagnose (oral cancer, periodontal disease or other oral diseases)
- Past Medical History (failure to take into consideration a patient’s medical history which could lead to medical complications)
- Incorrect Procedure (either a procedure is done incorrectly or the incorrect procedure is performed)
Dental malpractice can lead to devastating results. If you feel you have a medical malpractice claim involving dentistry, contact a Chicago medical malpractice lawyer who can look at the specifics of your case and help you determine if negligence was a factor in your injuries.You can learn more about medical malpractice claim in Illinois by visiting our article library. Contacting a Chicago Medical Malpractice LawyerAt the Law Offices of Barry G. Doyle, P.C, our Chicago medical malpractice attorneys will examine all aspects of your claim, determine liability, and aggressively pursue the full amount of compensation due to you or your loved one for any injuries or loss of life due to medical malpractice. Contact us today for a free case evaluation – 312-263-1080.