If your child has been seriously injured in Chicago because of a dangerous or defective product, you may be eligible to file a Chicago product liability claim against the manufacturer and any other parties that may have played a role in designing or distributing the product.As a rule of thumb, you’ll want to pay attention to current toy recalls, so you know which products to avoid, in order to protect your child.
Check your child’s toy inventory against this list of recent recalls:
- Sand & Water Transportation Station Toys by Step 2 – light blue plastic wheels on the train cars can detach (choking hazard).
- “Play with Your Veggies” Toys by The Land of Nod in Northbrook, Illinois – metal wire in the toy asparagus can become exposed (laceration hazard).
- Click Armband Bracelets, BoBo Balls and Klick Klick Balls by Fun Stuff Inc. in Newport News, Virginia – small balls on end of toy’s arms can detach (choking hazard).
- Sorelle brand “Prescott” fixed-sided cribs by Albee Baby in East Rutherford, New Jersey – contain tubular metal mattress-support frames that can bend or detach (entrapment and falling hazard).
- Chuck E. Cheese’s Light-up Rings and Star Glasses by CEC Entertainment, Inc. in Irving, Texas – if pulled apart or crushed, plastic casing can break into small pieces, also exposing batteries (ingestion hazard).
Even if you are current on toy recalls, sometimes you may already have a defective or dangerous toy in your home and not even know it. In the case that your child has been seriously injured by a defective or dangerous toy, you should immediately seek medical assistance. Then, contact a Chicago defective product lawyer to find out your legal options for compensation.
Contacting a Chicago Defective Product Lawyer
The Law Offices of Barry G. Doyle, P.C. have tried many cases like yours, and know the best ways to express the degree of fault to the court. For a no-cost case evaluation and help preparing your evidence contact us today – 312-263-1080.