When medical negligence leads to injuries, you may be left with steep medical bills, extensive pain, and prolonged time away from the office. When this happens, you may be able to seek compensation through an Illinois medical malpractice claim. Since a successful outcome to your claim is crucial to getting you back on your feet, you don’t want to leave your case to chance.Pursuing this type of claim can be complicated and requires the help of an experienced and knowledgeable Chicago medical malpractice attorney.There are 10 important questions you should ask before deciding to hire a Chicago medical malpractice attorney, including:
- How many medical malpractice cases have you handled?
- How many cases have you won?
- How many cases have you lost?
- How many cases have you settled out of court?
- Do you have a list of previous clients who can be contacted for references?
- Are you a member of the local bar association and/or the American Bar Association?
- Have you ever faced disciplinary action?
- How much are your attorney’s fees?
- How long have you been in practice?
- How much compensation do you estimate I could recover?
Once you have spent time discussing these and other questions that may arise, you will be able to decide if you should proceed with hiring the attorney. The attorney must also decide if they are willing to take your case.If you have been injured because of a doctor’s mistake and need to hire a Chicago medical malpractice attorney it is vital that you know the right questions to ask. When to Hire a Chicago Medical Malpractice AttorneyA Chicago medical malpractice attorney at the Law Offices of Barry G. Doyle, P.C. has dealt with similar cases to yours and knows the best course of action for your claim. To improve your chances at a fair settlement and take the burden out of all the paperwork involved in a medical malpractice claim in Illinois, contact us today for a free case evaluation – 312-263-1080.