Although parents tend to trust that their children’s toys are safe, the reality is that many are not, and this may lead to serious injuries. If you suspect your child’s injury was sustained from a dangerous toy, you actually have the right to seek compensation on behalf of your child.
If you have filed a Chicago product liability claim, and the responsible party either refuses to offer an adequate settlement or denies your claim, you will be still be able to seek damages in the form of a Chicago product liability lawsuit.
An experienced Chicago defective product lawyer can help you with your product liability lawsuit and can:
- initiate legal proceedings;
- determine whether a defective product is to blame for your child’s injuries; and
- determine who may be held liable for your child’s injuries.
A Chicago defective product lawyer can also gather the necessary evidence to prove your case and build a solid argument to win your product liability lawsuit.
Negligence in a Product Liability Lawsuit
You may be entitled to file a product liability lawsuit if your child was seriously injured as the result of a defective or dangerous toy. Contacting a Chicago defective product lawyer is vital to ensure that your child’s rights are protected.
The following 3 types of negligence serve as grounds to file a product liability lawsuit:
- Failure to Warn – if a product has the potential to cause injury or poses a risk by its use, it should contain a warning to consumers.
- Manufacturing Defect – there may be a defect in the manufacturing of the product that makes it dangerous.
- Design Defect – a product can be properly manufactured, but from a dangerous or defective design.
If your child has sustained severe injury from a dangerous toy, and your Chicago defective product lawyer can prove that an involved party was negligent in one of the above 3 ways, you will be able to file your Chicago product liability lawsuit.
Continue to Next Page >>