When you need to seek compensation in an Illinois medical malpractice claim, there are some important things you should know before you decide to hire a Chicago medical malpractice attorney.Having the right attorney can make all the difference in the type and amount of settlement that you receive. When you face serious bodily harm, pain and overwhelming bills, your potential compensation is not something to be taken lightly.The following are just some things you should know before hiring your Chicago medical malpractice attorney:
- whether the attorney has knowledge of medical law and medicine in general;
- whether the attorney has addressed specific medical malpractice issues that relate to your case;
- the potential worth of your case;
- the highest settlement amount the attorney has negotiated for a medical malpractice case;
- how long has the attorney worked in the field of medical malpractice; and
- how many cases the attorney has won, lost or settled out of court.
Since an Illinois medical malpractice claim can be complicated, knowing the attorney’s specific experience can be helpful. When you’re looking to hire a Chicago medical malpractice attorney, there are a number of questions to ask that can aid in your decision. When to Hire a Chicago Medical Malpractice AttorneyA Chicago medical malpractice attorney at the Law Offices of Barry G. Doyle, P.C. has dealt with similar cases to yours and knows the best course of action for your claim. To improve your chances at a fair settlement and take the burden out of all the paperwork involved in a medical malpractice claim in Illinois, contact us today for a free case evaluation – 312-263-1080.