Types of Common Car AccidentsThere are many typical scenarios that lead to car accidents:
- Rear end collision – caused by first driver stopping short, colliding driver not following at a safe distance, and/or colliding driver not paying attention to stopped driver.
- Front end collision – caused by drivers swerving into oncoming traffic.
- Left turn collision – caused by drivers turning at inappropriate times or failing to yield to oncoming traffic.
- Lane merges – caused by drivers failing to check blind spots or use proper turn signals.
- Highway interchanges – caused by heavy traffic flow, and/or slower merging vehicles entering roadways with higher speed vehicles.
All of these types of maneuvers and scenarios increase the potential of a serious car accident occurring during a routine drive.
Types of Injuries Resulting from Common Car Accidents
There are many injuries one can sustain when involved in any common car accident. Even minor fender-benders can cause long-term medical issues, especially if they are not properly evaluated by a doctor shortly after the incident.
After any car accident you should seek a full medical evaluation, even if you’re initially feeling fine.
Some of the more serious types of injuries resulting from common car accidents include:
- Traumatic brain injury;
- Spinal cord injury;
- Permanent disability;
- Loss of limb; and
These injuries can severely impact your quality of life and your family’s future. An insurance company settlement may not be enough to compensate you for long term treatment and the loss of your ability to work. In such cases, the help of a Chicago car accident attorney can improve your chances at a higher settlement and help you fight for adequate compensation.
Hiring a Chicago Car Accident Attorney
Even experienced, safe drivers run the risk of being involved in a serious car accident. Beyond your initial recovery, injuries in common car accidents are often serious and result in permanent disability or disfigurement which can cause loss of the ability to work, years of rehabilitation, serious medical bills, and have a significant impact on your life.
A Chicago car accident attorney at the Law Offices of Barry G. Doyle, P.C. has dealt with similar cases to yours and knows the best course of action for your claim. To improve your chances at a fair settlement and take the burden out of all the paperwork involved in a car accident claim, contact us today for a free case evaluation – 312-263-1080.