A report by Wolters Kluwer Pharma Solutions indicates that approximately 66 million prescription errors were made by pharmacies when dispensing drugs in 2009. If you believe that you or a loved one has been injured by a pharmacist error in Aurora, you may be able to seek compensation for your losses in a wrong medication medical malpractice claim.
A pharmacist error in Aurora may occur as a result of many different types of mistakes. However, it is estimated that 9 out of 10 prescription errors are preventable. Failure to exercise the expected level of due care required by a pharmacist constitutes medical malpractice under the law.
All pharmacists are medical care providers under the tort law governing medical malpractice cases. As such, your pharmacist must be highly trained and very well educated in the profession of drug dispensing.
If a pharmacist makes a preventable error in filling your prescription which results in harm and injury to you, you can seek to remedy your damages through a wrong medication medical malpractice claim and/or lawsuit.
Some causes known to give rise to pharmacist error in Aurora are:
- Illegible handwriting on prescription pads;
- Filling the wrong drug because names are so similar;
- Relying on technicians to fill prescriptions;
- Overworked pharmacists (distracted by other retail duties);
- Failure to provide current drug warnings on labels;
- Improper dilution of concentrated drugs; and
- Failure to determine other medications with adverse interactions.
Typical Injuries From Pharmacist Error Unfortunately, there are numerous injuries that a victim can suffer because of a pharmacist error in Aurora. Some of these injuries include:
- Worsening of targeted condition;
- Skin allergies;
- Temporary physical impairment;
- Temporary mental impairment;
- Brain damage;
- Digestive system injury;
- Suicidal thoughts/attempts; and
This list is by no means exhaustive. If you believe you have suffered injury because you received the wrong drug due to a pharmacist error in Aurora, contact an Aurora prescription error lawyer who can speak to you about your options for legal recourse.
Continue to Next Page >>