It is important to understand the type of compensation to which you may be entitled if you have been in a scaffolding accident in Illinois. Address your case directly with an experienced Chicago construction accident lawyer. Your lawyer will be able to guide you through the Workers’ Compensation process as well as file a third-party lawsuit if your case is qualified under Illinois law.Illinois Workers’ CompensationIn Illinois, you may be qualified to file for Workers’ Compensation. Under the Workers’ Compensation Act, you can claim benefits regardless of who was at fault in your scaffolding accident. The benefits that you can receive include:
- Compensation for medical expenses;
- Temporary total disability if you are unable to work while recovering from your injuries based on two-thirds of your average weekly pay;
- Paid vocational retraining if you are unable to resume working at your old job;
- Wage loss differential if you have to take a lower paying job as a result of your injuries;
- Permanent disability if you are unable to work at all, based on the same calculations as temporary total disability; and
- Survivor benefits for your family if you pass away as a result of your scaffolding accident injuries.
While you may be tempted to go through the Workers’ Compensation process by yourself, you would be wise to consult a Chicago construction accident lawyer to ensure that your rights are protected and you are best able to get the full amount to which you are entitled. To learn more about scaffolding accidents in Chicago, please visit our article library. Since you won’t be able to file a lawsuit against your employer under Illinois law, you will also need to consult a Chicago construction accident lawyer to determine if there is a third party at fault in your accident. A third party, such as a product manufacturer or another contractor on the jobsite, may be sued even if the third party was only partially liable for the accident.When to Hire a Chicago Construction Accident LawyerYou need to get a qualified Chicago construction accident lawyer as soon as you are able. Your best chance at receiving the damages that you deserve is to have an experienced Chicago construction accident lawyer on your side.The Law Offices of Barry G. Doyle, P.C. have tried many cases like yours and know the best ways to handle your worksite injuries case. For a free evaluation of your case contact us today – 312-263-1080.