Four neighbors in a North Carolina town home complex were taken to the hospital earlier this week suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning. Authorities determined that the one of the neighbors left his truck running by accident, and fumes from the engine were the source of the carbon monoxide.Gas combustion engines such as those found in cars and trucks are a prime source of carbon monoxide. When your car or truck is not in use, the engine should be turned off, especially if it is in an enclosed space such as a garage. Many people are well aware that if they stay in the garage with the car running, they can kill themselves. However, many people are unaware that the carbon monoxide can spread from the garage and into the house, as was apparently the case with this accident, and was the case with this carbon monoxide poisoning death case from Florida earlier this year.