October 21, 2010 – Two more lawsuits have been filed against the Chicago Transit Authority after a bus crash earlier this month. According to a report at the Chicago Breaking News Center, the lawsuits were filed in Cook County Circuit Court on Tuesday. Both lawsuits name the Chicago Transit Authority and the bus driver, a 57-year-old woman, who has previously said that the bus had problems with its power steering.The plaintiffs allege that the CTA and bus driver were negligent in the bus accident, which injured more than 30 people when the bus crashed into a line of trees on Lake Shore Drive. The plaintiffs claim they were injured in the accident, although the extent of their injuries was not documented in the lawsuits. This comes on the heels of a previous lawsuit filed by a 44-year-old woman who was also a passenger on the No. 6 Jackson Park Express bus.The bus drivers’ union claims that the CTA has not properly maintained its buses, although an official investigation has not yet been concluded. The plaintiffs in these lawsuits are asking for $150,000 for their personal injuries. For its part, the Chicago Transit Authority says it is still investigating the bus accident to determine exactly how it occurred.