Eleven people from an Indiana apartment complex were hospitalzied last week due to carbon monoxide poisoning. Authorities determined that the cause of the carbon monoxide poisoning was a furnace that was vented directly into an apartment.With the return of fall weather, people will once again be using heating equipment which has been out of service for months. Before using gas appliances are out back into use this fall, you should becareful to have them inspected and serviced by a well-qualified professional to ensure that they are in proper working order and that they are properly vented. Because carbon monoxide is a colorless, odorless gas, the onset of symptoms is often the first warning that you have that something is wrong. Carbon monoxide poisoning can result in wrongful death, especially when the poisoning occurs while the victims are sleeping.