A wrongful death carbon monoxide suit which was filed following an incident in which a hotel guest died of carbon monoxide poisoning and his wife was sickened by it was recently settled. The man was a guest at a Best Western hotel. Unbeknown to him, the hotel had hired a contractor to repair some stucco on the exterior of the building. Workers for the contractor covered over the vents to the hot water heaters for the hotel, causing carbon monoxide to flow into the man’s room. When firefighters arrived, they discovered that the carbon monoxide levels were 10 times lethal levels.According to the news story, terms of the settlement were not disclosed, but included the contractors involved with the work and the operator of the hotel.